MCCD 2004 Bond Information
Hello from South Mountain Community College:
Change is unfolding within our South Mountain Village, Ahwatukee, Laveen, and Guadalupe. New retail centers are developing and expanded housing is being purchased by long-term South Mountain residents and by newcomers as well.
One cornerstone of this rebirth is your college--South Mountain Community College (SMCC). Since 1979, SMCC has provided transfer education, personal enrichment opportunities and addressed the workforce training needs of our business partners.
South Mountain Community College is committed to:
* Training our neighbors for the jobs of the future.
* Providing open and affordable learning choices for all.
* Expanding its facilities to meet the population growth in our service area.
* Presenting current technology and equipment so that residents are "job ready."
* Maintaining a safe and secure environment for students and staff.
The success of the 2004 Maricopa County Community College District bond initiative will help us achieve these goals. We will be providing updates on the developments made possible by these bond funds on this page; please check back regularly.
I hope the information contained in these pages helps you to understand the great benefits that will be realized through the bond initiative.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Ken Atwater, Ph.D.