South Mountain Community College educates minds, transforms lives, touches hearts, and builds community. internal
South Mountain Community College provides quality higher education for our diverse community. We create a caring teaching and learning environment that fosters student development and supports productive citizenship in an increasingly global and technological society.
Our purpose is to meet these needs by offering:
- General education courses
- Transfer programs
- Occupational education and career development
- Continuing education
- Developmental studies and English as a second language
- Cultural, civic, and social events
- Academic support and student services
We are inspired and guided by our core values:
- COLLABORATION: We are inclusive in our relationships with colleagues, departments and community, and respectful of their ideas.
- COMMUNITY: We serve our community by recognizing our inter-dependence, celebrating our history, honoring our diverse cultures, and building our future.
- EXCELLENCE: We model exemplary teaching, learning, service and leadership through continuous improvement, creativity and innovation.
- INTEGRITY: We are accountable to the communities we serve and are truthful, sincere, transparent and responsible for our actions.
- WELLBEING: We are a college community that encourages and develops social, physical, career, community and financial wellbeing.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Maricopa Community Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, handicap/disability, age, or Vietnam era/disabled veteran status in employment or in the application, admission, participation, access and treatment of persons in instructional programs and activities.